SBM was founded in 1982 in McClellan, California by Charles Somers (CEO) and Don
Tracy (EVP), providing service to the entire Northern California region. With the
addition of Ron Alvarado as a partner in 1993, SBM embarked on its national expansion
outside of California. Today, SBM employs more than 6,000 individuals servicing
more than 350 million square feet throughout the United States, Canada and Latin
America. Our success has been a direct result of SBM's proven performance, service
quality, and cost savings record that has led to new business opportunities, as
well as organic growth among our existing customer base.
SBM provides facility services through a group of affiliated companies, including
SBM Site Services, LLC, Somers Building Maintenance Inc.; Pacific West Site Services
Inc.; SBM Management Services, LP; SBMSS Site Services Canada Inc.; Interamerican
Pacific West Site Services, SA; and Pacific West Costa Rica, SRL.
SBM is proud to be certified by the National Minority Supplier Development Council
as a Minority Business Enterprise (MBE). In addition, SBM has attained membership
in the National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC) "Corporate Plus"
program, demonstrating a proven capability of providing services on a national basis.
We believe in exceeding our customers’ expectations by providing the highest quality
service, the safest working environment, and the most competitive cost, with the
least environmental impact possible.
SBM's eight values are foundational to our success. They guide everyday decision-making
and impact our behavior toward each other, our customers and the way we operate
- Safety: We are committed to an injury-free work environment
and believe that safety is everyone's responsibility
- Achievement: We measure our success based on the results we
- Teamwork: We are committed to the success of others; we take
calculated risks and encourage one another
- Communication: We actively listen, seek out and provide candid
feedback and are honest in our discussions
- Integrity: We do what we say we are going to do and expect
others to honor their commitments
- Respect: We seek diversity and acknowledge the benefit of
varied opinions, individuality and backgrounds
- Compassion: we are proactive instead of reactive and lead
- Work Life: We are respectful of the time of others and recognize
the importance of a rewarding personal life to provide balance to our professional
Awards & Associations
SBM is proud to offer award-winning service and programs that have been recognized
by the following organizations:
- National Minority Supplier Development Council: Corporate Plus Program
Member For copies of SBM's MBE certifications click here.
- Southern California Supplier of the Year
- Supplier Excellence Award for outstanding performance and quality of
- California Integrated Waste Management Waste Reduction & Prevention
Award Awarded to Fortune 500 customer every year since 1992 in recognition of their
waste management program that is managed by SBM
- Business Recycler of the Year
- Oregon Disabilities Commission Contractor of the Year - "Governor's
Honor Roll for Employers of Persons with Disabilities"
- Waste Wise: Honorable Mention, Very Large Business
- American Forrest and Paper Award
- Tennessee National Pollution Prevention Roundtable Award
- Earth Resource Foundation Award
SBM services more
than 300 sites across the United States, Canada, and Latin America with 13 supporting
regional offices throughout the Americas.
We offer a full range of building maintenance services including janitorial/housekeeping,
vendor management and soft service bundling. Using innovative equipment and environmentally
minded products, all services are provided by trained and professional staff.
- MAC: Moves, Adds and Changes services
- Warehouse management
- Conference room set-up
- Patch and paint
- Floor and carpet maintenance
- Special event support
- Construction support
- Lock and key
- Pest control
- Call center support
- Signage design and installation
- Office supply replenishment
- Mailroom services and delivery
- Paper shredding service
- Interior plant maintenance
- Cork and whiteboard services
- Ceiling tile replacement
- Fire extinguisher inspections
- HVAC maintenance and repair
- Vendor escort
We work to ensure our client’s right to operate in some of the most complex environments
including cleanroom/GMP, manufacturing/production, research and development and
hospital space. These critical environments require expert care and SBM Management
Services is continually the service provider of choice for some of the largest companies
throughout the world.
- FDA/third-party regulatory compliance
- Class 1-30,000 cleanroom sanitizing
- LAR cleaning and services
- Laboratory cleaning
- Glassware washing
- GMP sanitizing
- Fab cleaning
- Interstitial cleaning
- Safety shower/eyewash inspections
- Protocol services
- Acid and solvent waste removal
- Particle sampling
- Environmental monitoring
- Cleanroom garment stocking and management
- Tacky mat management
- Emergency spill response
- Complete cleanspace decontamination
- Dycem mat maintenance
- Linen pickup and delivery
- Eye wash station management
SBM Management Services has a 27-year track record managing quality
site services to help you grow. Whether providing self-performance expertise or
utilizing our managed network of qualified service partners, SBM offers you the
right combination of bundled services for all your exterior needs.
For more information about SBM's landscape and exterior services
e-mail Wayne Ryan, SBM's National Landscape Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or for
access to the Exterior Services Program Overview, Click Here.
- Landscape maintenance
- Landscape design and construction services
- GreenScape programs
- Irrigation repair, installation and maintenance
- Stormwater management
- Snow removal
- Wetlands mitigation and remediation
- Integrated pest management programs
- Parking lot sweeping
- Water conservation programs/water management
- Turf renovation
- Pruning and clean-up services
- Total arbor care
- Hardscape maintenance
- Erosion control
SBM is a leading provider of environmental sustainability services. We provide comprehensive
long-term sustainability programs for our customers designed to assist companies
to be environmentally responsible and achieve success through their programs. We
tailor each of our client's sustainability programs to meet their individual environmental
goals. Whether it's designing or improving a waste diversion program, or creating
a more comprehensive environmental program to suit your organizations' policies
and achieve a return on sustainability, we have a solution.
For more information about SBM's environmental services, click here
or e-mail email@example.com.
- Long-term strategic planning
- Solid waste management
- Reuse and recycle programs
- Green cleaning
- LEED™ consulting and project management
- Integrated pest management
- Composting Energy and water efficiency
- Environmental education and training workshops
- Zero waste initiatives
- Carbon footprint reduction
- Cost benefit analysis and reporting
Safety Philosophy Recognizing that employee safety and health has a significant
impact on one's overall quality of life, SBM is committed to providing a workplace
in which recognized hazards are controlled. Occupational Health and Safety is one
of our highest values and SBM believes that people are our most valuable asset.
SBM takes our responsibility for providing a safe and healthy working environment
and minimizing risks to employees, customers, contractors and others very seriously.
SBM is 100 percent compliant and has an "A" rating with
ISNetworld.com. As an approved ISNetworld vendor, SBM is accountable for strict
adherence to internal and governmental safety requirements, as well as for providing
a safer working environment for our customers. Fulfilling this safety responsibility
is fundamental to the success of our business. The philosophy and objectives behind
this commitment are:
- Safety is a core value embraced by every employee.
- The safety and health of all SBM employees is our first priority.
- The only acceptable level of safety and health performance is one that
prevents injury and accidents.
- Safety and health, being an integral part of production and all other
business functions, cannot be compromised.
- Safety and health awareness are responsibilities that must be shared
equally and without exception by everyone within the organization.
- Management will be held accountable for the safety and health of personnel
for whom they are responsible.
- All employees will be required to make their safety, and the safety
of their fellow workers, a first priority through reporting and communicating incidents
through required methods.
- As a condition of employment, each individual within the organization
will be expected to conduct their duties in a manner that is consistent with the
philosophy and objectives of this policy.
SBM commits to uphold these principals and to make the continual improvement of
our employee health and safety (EHS) performance an integral part of our business.
At SBM, safety is not only a core value; it's a business process that defines our
success. SBM's EHS team is active in the American Society of Safety Engineers (ASSE),
the National Safety Council (NSC) and is an approved vendor with ISNetworld.com.
We strive to provide a world-class safety program by focusing on manager-employee
relationships, training, communication and raising safety standards and goals. As
a result of this dedication, 85 percent of all SBM client sites have gone 12 months
without a recordable accident.
Fundamental to achieving this success is a comprehensive safety program
- Daily tracking, validation and communication of safety metrics
- Regular safety chats covering more than 100 safety training topics
- Providing and enforcing the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Documented inspections of tools and equipment
- Proactive response plans to pandemic outbreaks such as H1N1
- Strict compliance with OSHA, state, local and customer EHS programs
- Safety incentive programs
- Membership compliance with the industry leading third-party verification
1-year injury free
In celebration of the site's one-year safety milestone, a catered
lunch and gift raffle was held for the aerospace SBM employees. Everyone was given
an individual certificate of achievement and a "One Year Injury Free"
T-shirt. After the event, the below photograph and sign was proudly displayed next
to the employee time clock as a reminder of the team's safety record and motivation
to reach the next milestone.
"We are very pleased with this accomplishment and are now tasked
with making the two year mark. Our team is engaged and ready for the task at hand!"
If you can't measure quality, you can't manage it and you can't improve it.
Prior to implementation of our services at a facility, we work with clients to establish
customized quality metrics and performance goals. These metrics and goals are measured
on a regular basis through site walks, formal audits and customer surveys. This
data is uploaded into our performance management tool
SBMinsite.com for customer visibility and is also delivered via scorecards
and regular business reviews. This regular communication allows us to work with
our clients to continually improve service delivery as well as develop solutions
for short and long-term strategic goals. This transparency of information is also
what helps us build long-term business partnerships, including a 20-year partnership
with one Fortune 500 Company.
efforts in Fort Wayne are top-notch. Problems are few, but when they arise they
are dealt with effectively. Your entire team appears to be engaged, always hard
at work, and efficient."
Customer Confidential, Director of Facilities, National Financial Firm
Technology and innovation is the key to increased efficiency, productivity and quality.
SBM has developed a proprietary online management tool,SBMinsite.com,
which serves as a customizable gateway to customer-specific services, quality and
financial performance. SBMinsite demonstrates our advanced use of technology and
provides customers, managers and employees visibility to performance results and
trending information, inclusive of:
- Quality audits
- On-time maintenance work order completion
- Customer feedback
- Cost savings
- Employee turnover
"Using SBMinsite and forming a great working relationship with my staff allows
me to be very proactive instead of reactive, which is important especially when
servicing such a large location."
Brenda Sanchez, SBM Site Manager
Cost Philosophy: "To continually seek value-added results for
our customers through innovative solutions."
We gain new customers by delivering the lowest cost at the highest total value.
SBM retains existing customers through constant streamlining of our processes to
achieve reduced expense without compromising quality. This principle is attained
- Benchmarking existing cost model
- Evaluating scope of work and productivity levels
- Implementing innovative services models
Soft Service Bundling
SBM can help reduce overall cost, manage overhead, unify quality standards and increase
response time through vendor consolidation and standardization of soft services,
- Solid waste and recycling programs
- LEED® for Existing Buildings: Operations & Maintenance support
- General building maintenance
- Moves, Adds and Change (MAC) services support
- Landscape and exterior services
- Patch and paint
- Pest control
- Lighting replacement
- Carpet and floor restoration
- Window washing and high-dusting
- Conference room management
- Interior plant set-up and maintenance
- Lock and key
- Signage design
- Construction clean-up
Timeline of Savings for Fortune 500 Technology Customer
SBM has provided sustained savings to long-term customers for more than two decades.
For one of our Fortune 500 customers SBM was able to generate more than 20 percent
in savings while improving customer satisfaction.
- 1987 SBM signs first contract for one single site in Northern California
- 1990s Implemented technology enhancements
- Awarded several new sites within national portfolio
- Innovated new service models
- Implemented award-winning recycling program
- 2000s Implemented contemporary cleaning services
- Initiated performance management through SBMinsite.com.
- Awarded entire Americas portfolio
Employer of Choice
To be the vendor of choice, we must first be the industry employer
Employees who feel valued as an integral part of a larger team are more adept to
look for efficiencies and process improvements that result in increased customer
satisfaction, quality and safety performance.
Foundational to our success, the following metrics and benefits continue to drive
satisfaction for SBM employees, as well as our customers:
- Emphasis on employee/supervisor relationships
- Employee satisfaction surveys conducted regularly
- Managers measured by employee turnover rates
- 24-hour employee hotline
- New employee orientation, education and certification
- Employee awards, incentives and recognition
- Paid holiday, vacation, bonus programs and benefits package
SBM Employee programs include:
- Back to School Backpack Program: backpacks filled with school supplies
are distributed to employees with school-aged children
- Thanksgiving Turkey Giveaway
- Transportation Program
go to work, it isn't like actually being at work, we're a family at SBM."
Regina Stringfield, Area Manager, employee since 2005
Corporate Transition and Operations Manager, employee since 1986
"I love this company, I'm happy to be a part of it."
"My management team is there to support me through thick and thin, encouraging
me to grow as an individual...I am proud of what I do and not afraid to brag about
who I work for and what I do." Ana Wyssmann, National Sustainability
Manager, employee since 2008
"I always feel supported by my supervisor and manager. When I have a problem
or issue the management team is always there to help me. I'm very happy to be a
part of the SBM team." Melbia Posas, Customer Service Representative/Day
Porter, employee since 2006
"I feel good about the recycling work I do at SBM and enjoy coming to work!"
Inez Martinez, Recycle Technician, employee since 2003
"The transition process is our first chance to make a good impression."
The first 30 to 120 days of service sets the stage for us to successfully
manage long-term sustaining results. SBM's corporate transition team has more than
115 years of combined industry experience. Each of our clients is provided with
a dedicated team to ensure seamless service delivery with no negative impact to
SBM's transition experience and expertise has resulted in a change management approach
that transcends industry, service type, size and location. We define and measure
a successful transition when our team delivers:
- Zero impact to our customer's daily operations
- Zero lost days due to injury
- Audit scores that meet or exceed a mutually agreed upon goal
- Customer satisfaction scores that meet or exceed 90%
- On-time work order completion rate of 98% or higher
- No escalations or repeat complaints
- Effective change management relating to workforce and third party representatives
Fortune 500 Technology Services Company
- Transitioned 7 million square feet (60 sites, 19 states, 2 countries)
- Key client survey score of overall transition experience: 8.63 out
- Union and non-union environments 2013 no union issues
- 90% overall average janitorial quality audit score during transition
- Zero accidents or work related injuries
- Implemented recycling programs portfolio wide
[SBM] is doing a good job. We have had no complaints and it has
been a smooth transition. Customer Confidential, Administrative Secretary
Fortune 500 Pharmaceutical Company
- Transitioned 4.5 million square feet (8 sites, 4 states, 2 countries)
- Key client scored transition 8.63 out of 10
- Union and non-union environments 2013 no union issues
- 90% overall average quality audit score during transition
- Zero accidents or work related injuries
I would rate the transition from a customer standpoint as a 10.
It was flawless to us. Customer Confidential, LAR Supervisor
- Transitioned 1.6 million square feet (2 sites)
- Zero complaints received and zero negative impact to GMP production
- 10% quality increase after transition when compared to baseline audit
- Zero lost days due to accident or injury
- SBM created a process document playbook specifically for a customer
detailing janitorial "best practices" for standardization of processes
[The transition] has been seamless from my perspective.
Customer Confidential, Real Estate Manager
It is our corporate and social responsibility to be environmental
leaders within our industry.
SBM is committed to helping customers recycle more of their waste stream, identify
real cost savings, and become environmentally responsible-accomplishing this through
the implementation of a well-managed sustainability plan.
SBM has been a leader in providing environmental sustainability services and sustainable
building maintenance solutions for nearly 20 years. We help our customers maximize
their return on sustainability by:
- Reducing disposal fees
- Increasing diversion rates
- Creating profit from recycling revenue
- Increasing diversion rates
- Creating profit from recycling revenue
- Providing LEED® accredited professional support
- Implementing site education & training programs
- Tracking results online using SBMinsite.com
- Providing a no cost sustainability consultation
We provide turn-key onsite recycling programs that accentuate our
knowledge and experience, maximize our client's return on sustainability, all of
which results in world-class diversion rates and eliminates the hassle of managing
many vendors. In 2008 and 2009 our sustainability team:
- Managed 122 major recycling locations
- Diverted 178 thousand tons of materials from landfills
- Saved clients a total of $31 million through recycling and reuse
- Avoided costs of disposal exceeding $5.5 million annually
SBM's green cleaning program meets LEED® certification standards and assists in
waste reduction, indoor air quality improvement, resource conservation and promotes
a healthful environment using:
- Chemicals and supplies certified by Green Seal in partnership with
- Carpet and Rug Institute Green Label certified equipment
- Microfiber technology for daily cleaning
- Post consumer content materials that meet LEED® for Existing Buildings:
Operations & Maintenance standards
- GREENGUARD® certification for improved indoor air quality
LEED® Consulting and Project Management
SBM offers LEED for Existing Buildings: Operations & Maintenance consulting
and project management from LEED® accredited professionals. We are able to directly
support up to 17 LEED® credits through the U.S. Green Building Council toward certification
of any building. In 2009, SBM helped two Fortune 500 customers achieve LEED Gold
We tailor each of our client's environmental programs to meet their specific company
goals and achieve a return on sustainability. In addition to recycling, green cleaning,
and providing LEED® consulting and project management, our environmental services
- Long-term strategic planning
- Solid waste management: vendor analysis, selection and management
- Integrated pest management
- Energy and water efficiency
- Environmental education and training workshops
- Zero waste initiatives
- Green procurement
- Carbon footprint reduction
- Cost benefit analysis and reporting
- Reuse and recycling programs
- Commodity value analysis
- Waste stream audits
- Sustainability assessments
- Baseline metric audit and goal setting
SBM established a Fortune 500 technology firm's recycling program back in 1987,
helping achieve diversion rates as high as 91 percent in 2009. As a result, the
company's sites have won more than twenty-five awards, including the WRAP of the
Year Award and recognition by the California Integrated Waste Management Board every
year since 1993.
Kudos for [SBM's] consistent efforts to exceed expectations with
your support of our company's waste diversion and recycle programs.
Customer Confidential, Technology Executive, Fortune 500 Technology Firm
In addition to being awarded a Supplier Excellence Award in 2010, SBM was also featured
as a green supplier in the company's 2010 Global Citizenship Report for leadership
in green cleaning and LEED® support at their headquarter site in Illinois.
As a result of your company's dedication to innovation, customer
service, and quality of product, I am extremely pleased to award SBM with the Supplier
Excellence Award for 2010.
Customer Confidential, Vice President, Fortune 500 Health Care Product Firm
SBM provided LEED® support at a Fortune 500 Health CareDevelopment Firm's Headquarters
Tower and Atrium Complex, becoming the first existing building within the family
of companies to become LEED Gold Certified.
We did receive GOLD. Thank you for your help with this project!!
Customer Confidential, Facilities Manager, Fortune 500 Health Care Development
"As a Minority-Owned and Certified Business Enterprise, SBM
is dedicated to cultivating an environment that honors the diverse backgrounds
of our employees and promoting other vendors who do the same."
SBM understands that we can enrich our service delivery by embracing a vendor base
that includes small, disadvantaged, minority-owned and women-owned businesses. Our
business philosophy is centered on achieving best value and service from our vendors.
This is what we deliver and insist upon the same from our suppliers. We have made a
commitment to expanding our business with minority owned suppliers as long as they
subscribe to and deliver best pricing and service.
Benefits of supporting diverse vendors include:
- Stimulated competition
- Introduction of new ideas and technologies
- Heightened vendor performance
- Price reduction
- Increased availability of qualified vendors
Corporate Plus Status
SBM is proud to be certified by the National Minority Supplier Development
Council (NMSDC) as a Minority Business Enterprise (MBE). Through our proven capability to provide
services on a national level, SBM has earned membership in the NMSDC's Corporate Plus® program.
As a certified MBE, all business placed with SBM can be accredited to our clients' diversity goals.
"Much of our success is due to the hard work our staff puts in every day,
many of whom are minorities themselves. We embrace and foster a diverse working environment,
and it's an honor to be recognized for the very aspect that helped bring us to where we are today.";
- SBM Co-Founder and Executive Vice President, Don Tracy
As a result of SBM's dedication to a diversity-rich culture and continual
support of other minority owned businesses, our customers and minority organizations have
recognized SBM with impressive accolades. Most recently, SBM received the National Minority
Business Development Council's 2010 Regional Supplier of the Year Award as well as the Top 500
Diversity Owned Businesses in the U.S. by DiversityBusiness.com.
"We do what we say we are going do." This commitment to
service fulfillment repeatedly sets us apart from the competition. SBM employees
take pride in providing exceptional service to some of the most challenging and
dynamic organizations in the world. In partnership with customers, we set service
goals and hold ourselves accountable for not only meeting, but exceeding their expectations.
To experience SBM in person give us a ring or drop us a line at
firstname.lastname@example.org and/or (866) 855-2211
We have depended upon SBM to provide our facilities with cleaning
services for well over 12 years. They have been a good partner for us to work with.
They have shown great flexibility under challenging conditions. We are very satisfied
with their work and their ability to provide services for many disciplines...I believe
that we receive very good value for money spent and I'm a happy customer.
Customer Confidential, Clean Operations Manager, Technology Based Firm
I wanted the SBM team to know how much we appreciate your efforts overall on our
account. We specifically want to thank you for your willingness to think and act
out-of-the-box and to creatively come up with a great solution for our diversity
goals. Thank you for the continued partnership!
Customer Confidential, Strategic Sourcing Manager, Facilities Management Firm
I wanted to compliment SBM and especially [SBM employee] on the excellent job he
is doing with the custodial services in my engineering complex of rooms! The quality
and attention to detail that he is investing in our learning environment is outstanding
and directly contributes to a better learning environment. I greatly appreciate
his working with our super busy schedule of classes and after school activities
as well as the meetings and events we host...I greatly appreciate the quality work.
It is refreshing and exciting to be able to write these compliments.
Customer Confidential, Technology Education Instructor, Secondary Education Facility
Current Career Opportunities
SBM is in an entrepreneurial company in a phase of intense growth. As a result,
we have great opportunities in management, accounting, safety, sustainability, custodial
staff and more. Experience a day in the life of an SBM employee from their point
GREAT PLACE TO WORK
SBM's employee turnover is one-fourth the national industry average. Our low turnover
is attributed to innovative employee programs, strong manager-employee relationships
and career advancement opportunities. The result is a strong, well-trained, highly
focused team that demonstrates a consistent and effective operational approach leading
to exceptional service delivery to our clients.
SBM is committed to developing a work environment that embraces individuals, backgrounds,
experiences, insights and contributions. We not only value and respect our diverse
workforce, we find strength in that diversity and recognize that SBM is a better
organization because of it.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of SBM to be fair and equitable in all its relations with its employees
and applicants. All recruitment, placements, transfers and promotions will be made
solely on the basis of individual qualifications for the positions being filled,
and all other personnel actions such as compensation, benefits, layoffs, recalls,
leaves, terminations, training, social and recreational programs are also administered
regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, sexual
orientation, marital status, political affiliation, veterans' status, disabilities
(physical and mental) and medical condition. SBM is committed to the concept of
equal employment opportunity as a necessary element of basic merit system principals.
All persons shall be afforded equal access to positions limited only by their ability
to do the job. Additionally, employment efforts will focus on establishing and maintaining
a diverse work force reflective of the relevant labor market areas.
To contact SBM Management Services please call us toll free at (866) 855-2211 or
Become a supplier:
STRATEGIC SOURCING PHILOSOPHY
Drive costs to world-class competitive levels while exceeding
our customer expectations for quality and safety.
At SBM, we view the supply line as a critical element of our competitiveness. This
requires our suppliers and the SBM team to work together to develop innovative solutions.
Ideas from the supply line that foster this expectation must be brought forward
as well as new and innovative solutions that benefit both parties.
SBM SUPPLIER CODE OF CONDUCT
The SBM Supplier Code of Conduct ("Supplier Code") sets forth principles
that SBM has adopted to promote ethical conduct in the workplace, safe working conditions
in SBM's supply chain, treatment of workers with respect and dignity, and environmentally
responsible processes. As used in this Supplier Code, "SBM" refers to
SBM Management Services.
SBM embraces diversity and legal compliance as fundamental principles and key components
of its corporate strategy. It is our desire that all suppliers to SBM, their agents
and their permitted subcontractors similarly embrace diversity and equal opportunity
to the fullest extent possible. All suppliers must operate in full compliance with
the laws, rules and regulations of the jurisdictions in which they operate, and
they must act ethically at all times.
In all aspects of the SBM/supplier working relationship, SBM's suppliers and their
agents and permitted subcontractors shall support SBM's core values by conducting
business with integrity, by treating others with respect, by striving for performance
excellence and by accepting accountability for their conduct. SBM reserves the right
to review or audit supplier compliance with this Code.
The SBM Supplier Code of Conduct is not intended to create new or additional third
party rights or obligations to third parties, including any rights of, or obligations
to, employees of suppliers. It supplements, but does not supersede, any rights maintained
by SBM under any contract with any supplier.
The Supplier Code is comprised of five sections: general standards of conduct for
SBM's supply chain as outlined above, standards for Labor, Health and Safety, the
Environment, and qualifying elements of an acceptable system to manage conformity
to this Code as outlined below.
Ethics and Standard of Conduct
Suppliers, their agents and permitted subcontractors are expected to conduct business
with integrity and mutual respect and to uphold the highest standards of ethics
and behavior, including:
1) Business Integrity Any and all forms of illegal or inappropriate activity, including,
but not limited to, corruption, misrepresentation, extortion, embezzlement or bribery,
are strictly prohibited and may result in termination of any or all supply agreements
with SBM and possible legal action. Records prepared for SBM, including records
of work time and expenses, shall be accurate, truthful and complete, and shall meet
applicable standards and requirements.
2) Company Information Safeguarding from disclosure SBM's confidential and proprietary
information concerning matters such as our business activities, strategies, plans,
structure, technology, customers, financial situation and performance is critical
to the company's success, and such information cannot be disclosed or used, except
in accordance with applicable regulations, contractual requirements and this Code.
It is paramount that our business providers safeguard SBM's information. Suppliers
must: Understand any specific requirements for using SBM's information and, when
not sure, seek guidance from SBM. Comply with applicable non-disclosure agreements
and contractual confidentiality requirements regarding information belonging to
or in the possession of SBM.
Immediately notify SBM of any request or demand by a third party for SBM information.
Never misuse or disclose confidential or proprietary information to unauthorized
parties. Use caution when discussing non-public information in public or any place
where others may overhear. Safeguard and appropriately handle SBM information and
information regarding the SBM brand or logo. Secure SBM's written approval before
using information about SBM or SBM's name or brand identity publicly in any publicity,
advertising or website. Do not access, use, copy, manage, store or process company
information outside the United States without the prior written approval of SBM.
3) Competitor Disparagement and Obtaining Information SBM competes based on the
strength of its products, services, reputation, and fair and accurate comparisons
with its competitors. Suppliers should not make unfair, misleading, or inaccurate
comparisons with the products and services of SBM's competitors. SBM acquires competitive
and other information only using proper means and without misrepresentation, and
SBM's suppliers, their agents and permitted subcontractors shall similarly do so.
4) Advertising and Marketing If a SBM supplier is, with SBM's prior written approval,
engaged in any advertising, marketing or promotional activities that reference or
implicate SBM, its name, logo or services in any manner, such materials must comply
with all laws, rules and regulations, and must be truthful and accurate. Materials
must not be false, misleading or have a tendency to deceive, and all claims must
be substantiated. All suppliers' advertising must make clear and conspicuous disclosure
of material terms and limitations of advertised offers.
5) Alcohol and Drugs Suppliers must not report to work or engage in any work for
or on behalf of SBM, or in any fashion represent, or make any representations on
behalf of SBM, while under the influence of illegal drugs or alcohol. In addition,
suppliers may not possess illegal drugs or controlled substances while on SBM or
its customers' premises, or while conducting business with or for SBM. This prohibition
does not include legally obtained medications used as directed by a licensed medical
practitioner that do not create a safety risk such as possible impairment in operating
6) Gambling Gambling, including games of chance, is not allowed while working for
or on behalf of SBM or on SBM premises.
7) Conflicts of Interest Suppliers must avoid engaging in any business activity
that would conflict or interfere with their provision of products and services to
8) Company Property, Funds and Information Suppliers must use all SBM property,
including but not limited to, equipment, funds, documents, electronic and written
information and communications systems, with care and adherence to acceptable standards,
applicable laws, and SBM's rules and procedures. Suppliers are required to report
any suspected or actual misuse, theft, vulnerability, improper exploitation or sabotage
of SBM property.
9) Business Courtesies SBM's suppliers, like SBM, are expected to compete based
on the merit of their products and services, not through gifts, entertainment, or
other business courtesies. Although business courtesies can promote successful working
relationships and good will, SBM expects its suppliers to follow all applicable
laws and SBM's rules and procedures with respect to gifts, entertainment, and other
business courtesies when working with or representing SBM.
10) Working with the U.S. Government When interacting with U.S. federal, state and
local government bodies and agencies, and their representatives, SBM's suppliers
must conduct themselves with honesty and integrity, and comply with all applicable
laws and regulations, including, but not limited to, laws and regulations relating
to government ethics, lobbying and the handling of confidential, classified and
other government information. Suppliers whose work with SBM relates to U.S. federal
government contracts may be subject to additional requirements as specified in their
contracts with SBM.
11) International Business SBM conducts business around the world in compliance
with applicable law and in consideration of both U.S. and local standards and customs,
and in a manner that fosters SBM's reputation as a good company with which to do
business. Among other practices, we (a) only lawfully transfer SBM products, services,
equipment, information or knowledge across borders, (b) only make proper and permissible
payments to parties outside the U.S., and (c) only exchange business courtesies
according to SBM standards and local law. The foregoing includes, but is not limited
to, compliance with the U.S. Export Administration Act, the Export Administration
Regulations, and the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. Suppliers to SBM, when representing
SBM or performing SBM work, must similarly comply with these requirements.
12) Customer and Employee Privacy and Personal Information As a SBM supplier, you
have an important role in helping SBM to sustain our customers' and employees' confidence
in the company and its products and services. To meet these concerns, you must use
care in working with all customer and employee information and communications, safeguard
such information as required under your contracts with SBM and this Code, and only
access such information as authorized.
13) Reporting Concerns or Misconduct Suppliers must report concerns and potential
or actual misconduct that violate this Supplier Code of Conduct. Suppliers shall,
consistent with any applicable law and privilege, provide reasonable assistance
to any investigation by SBM of a violation of the Supplier Code of Conduct. When
reporting suspected or actual misconduct, suppliers should report concerns pertaining
to SBM Management Services, LP to the Director of Procurement at (623) 203-5357
or at email@example.com. Suppliers and their agents must protect anyone who
works for them, either as an employee or a consultant, from any form of retaliation
for reporting suspected or actual misconduct.
Suppliers of products or services produced in or provided from the United States
shall comply with all applicable federal, state and/or local laws and regulations.
Suppliers of products or services produced or provided from outside the United States
shall comply with applicable laws and regulations of relevant countries. However,
regardless of applicable laws and regulations, suppliers must uphold the human rights
of workers by treating them with dignity and respect.
Suppliers retained by SBM and their agents and permitted subcontractors are fully
responsible for the quality, performance, behavior, supervision and protection of
their personnel. SBM retains the right in its absolute discretion to require the
removal of any personnel of a contractor or subcontractor from an SBM job site in
appropriate circumstances, for example: (a) if there is reasonable cause to believe
a person is under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or other substances that adversely
affect that person's work or create a safety risk, (b) for commission of an illegal
act, (c) for threatening or harassing the public or an SBM employee, or otherwise
engaging in abusive or disruptive conduct, (d) for violation of an SBM policy, or
(e) for performing an unsafe act.
Health and Safety
Suppliers to SBM must conform to all applicable health, safety and environmental
laws and regulations. Ongoing worker input and education is key to identifying and
resolving health and safety issues in the workplace, and these are critical to the
overall success of a safety and health program. Accordingly, suppliers retained
by SBM should address the following:
1) Occupational Safety Every supplier shall be committed to the safety and health
of its employees, and shall ensure that required training of personnel has been
completed prior to initiating any work activity. The supplier should have or subscribe
to a written safety and health program. Suppliers are responsible for addressing
and controlling worker exposure to potential safety hazards in conformance with
all applicable standards and/or regulations and by utilizing suitable means, e.g.,
design, engineering and administrative controls, preventative maintenance, training,
work procedures, and appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
2) Occupational Injury and Illness Suppliers to SBM shall have procedures and systems
to manage, track and report: motor vehicle incidents, occupational injuries and
illnesses, and exposure of workers to chemical, biological and physical agents.
Such procedures and systems shall implement all applicable laws and regulations,
and include provisions to: a) encourage worker reporting; b) classify and record
injury and illness cases; and c) investigate cases and implement corrective actions.
Adverse effects on the community, environment and natural resources are to be minimized
while safeguarding the health and safety of the public. Suppliers must comply with
all applicable health, safety and environmental laws and regulations when conducting
business with SBM. By way of example and not limitation, SBM's suppliers must:
1) Obtain and keep current all required environmental permits and registrations;
2) Reduce, control and/or eliminate wastewater, waste and pollution at the source;
3) Reduce, control and/or eliminate air emissions of volatile chemicals, corrosives,
particulates, aerosols and combustion products;
4) Conform to applicable labeling and warning requirements;
5) Identify, manage, store, move and handle hazardous substances in accordance with
Suppliers must manifest their commitment to implementation of the principles of
this Supplier Code by having or establishing an appropriate management system to
address compliance with these principles and detection and correction of any non-compliance.
An appropriate management system should contain the following elements:
1) Management Accountability Executive responsibility for ensuring implementation
and periodic review of the status of the management systems.
2) Legal and Customer Requirements Identification, monitoring and understanding
of applicable laws, regulations and customer requirements, and procedures for reviewing
compliance and correcting any deficiencies.
3) Communication Process for communicating clear and accurate information about
supplier's performance, practices and expectations to workers, suppliers and customers.
Our standard payment terms are 45 days, signed contract must state otherwise. NO
PURPHASE ORDER = NO PAY. SBM will only pay what is approved on the Purchase Order
and received in our purchasing portal by our sites.
1. Vendor must receive a new Purchase Order for each order prior to goods or services
being delivered and creating invoices. SBM does not issue Blanket Purchase Orders.
2. Vendors should obtain copy of Purchase Order prior to shipping goods or providing
services. Vendors should attach copy of Purchase Order to their invoice.
3. Invoices should reference assigned Purchase Order number.
4. Invoice must match Purchase Order by line items.
5. Invoices should include legal entity name if different than vendor name.
6. Temporary staffing agencies must attach copy of signed timecard.
7. Invoices should be sent directly to Corporate Accounts Payable either by (a)
direct mail to 5241 Arnold Avenue, McClellan CA 95652; or (b) special e-mail address
for vendors who offer prompt pay discounts. Please contact A/P to discuss.
8. In cases where sites wish to cancel or revise orders, vendors should receive
an updated Purchase Order. If shipment has already been sent, vendor must work with
Buyer to arrange product return.
9. Credit memos should reference original invoice number and Purchase Order number.
10. Vendors must maintain relationship with Buyer in addition to Accounts Payable.
Supply Line Manager (Office Resources) Richard Fisher Office: (480)
940-5770 x4510 Mobile: (480) 682-7961 Fax: (402) 939-0739
Supply Line Manager (Equipment/Telecommunication/Assets) Diego Gimenez
Office: (916) 565-3678 Mobile: (916) 243-9870 Fax: (916) 244-2794
Travel Coordinator Betty Cousins Office: (916) 565-3627 Mobile: (916)
SUB CONTRACTOR REQUIREMENTS
If you would like to become a sub contractor for SBM, the following documents must
be completed and returned to the appropriate sub contractor buyer prior to commencement
of work. For a list of sub contractor buyers,click here.
W-9 Supplier Info Sheet Terms and Conditions Subcontractor Terms and Conditions
Supplier Subcontractor Safety Questionnaire
Contractor Safety Program
SBM's Contractor Safety Program (CSP) is centered on proactive initiatives and continuous
improvement. We partner with our clients to identify and understand individual site
safety concerns and to help ensure compliance with our contractors. SBM maintains
our Safe Service Partnership Blueprint which creates a tactical roadmap for success
in translating those needs, identifying gaps and setting expectations into clearly
identified deliverables for our site managers and service partners regardless of
the space, type, service line or location.
SBM Corporate Offices 5241 Arnold Avenue McClellan, CA 95652 Phone:
(866) 855-2211 Fax: (916) 565-3609